May 17, 2022, 11:00 AM PDT
Mind and Body: Behavioral Health Concerns In Workers’ Compensation
Free On-Demand Webinar
Employees are a package deal – they have physical bodies and psychological minds that constantly interact, sometimes even more so when they are injured. Psychosocial factors exist in nearly all claims, and ignoring them doesn’t help the injury resolve – in fact it can make it worse.
Fortunately, acknowledgement of behavioral health needs in workers’ comp is increasing. Our multidisciplinary panel of experts will guide you through:
- The current state of behavioral health in workers’ comp claims and pending legislation
- Common behavioral health issues accompanying physical injuries
- Risks and costs of ignoring behavioral health issues
- Behavioral health treatments for workers’ comp injuries • Specialized interventions for first responders’ stress and PTSD claims
- Nurse case manager role in identifying needs and coordinating treatment
This webinar will help prepare you and your organization to better support injured workers’ behavioral health needs and integrate treatment into their claims that ultimately produce positive outcomes, cost savings and an improved experience for all parties.
Holly Garrett, RN, MSN, CCM, Nurse Case Manager, Choices Case Management
Kimberly Holton Psy.D, Clinical Quality Assurance Advisor, Ascellus
Mark Kamena, PhD, ABPP, MBA, MCrim, Director of Research, Lead Clinician and Co-Founder, First Responder Support Network
Alison Rost RN, MSN, CCM, Nursing Supervisor, Choices Case Management